Impact/Ongoing Mentoring of Alumni

Knowing the immediate and long-term impact of my instruction on my teacher candidates is of critical importance to my teaching and to my scholarship.

I also consider it to be the ethical duty of teacher education to take responsibility for the welfare both of the teachers it credentials and the learners who will be their students.

For these reasons, I attempt to maintain my relationships with program graduates and to assess their needs and celebrate their achievements.  Graduates move on to become colleagues, collaborators, host and mentor teachers, and the future leadership of our field.

Being able to maintain relationships with former MA TESOL students is essential for the quality of my scholarship and teaching, as I am able to assess the impact of my teaching on their practice and make adjustments to my course content and activities in response.  Many of the students I have worked with closely have gone on to tremendous achievements, which is a joy to witness.

Below is a select overview of the professional contributions of several alumni from the MA TESOL program: